Heavy Rigid (HR) Driver Training
|Course Program||Driver Training||Enrol Online|
|Course Name||Heavy Rigid Driver Operations||
Manual C Class Holders - HR Condition B
Automatic C Class Holders - HR Condition A
|Course Duration||Differs per student|
7.45am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
7:45am to 12:00pm Saturdays
1 hour lessons available from Monday to Friday
(Multiple hourly lessons available)
(Minimum 2 hourly session only on Saturdays)
|Full Course Fees||
$23.10 - Heavy Vehicle Knowledge Test - completed at and paid to QLD Transport when you complete at your local Qld Transport office (please ask TMR staff to mark "pass" on your receipt for NHST to site)
$130.00 per hour of driver training
Special: August-September, $99.00 per/hour
$350.00 - Practical Driver Training Test Day - 2-3 hours (this includes warm up, Qld Transport testing, use of NHST's HR vehicle and licencing process)
|Location||188 East St, Rockhampton QLD 4700|
Heavy Rigid (HR) Driver Training
This course is designed for drivers who wish to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to obtain a Heavy Rigid (HR) Drivers Licence. It is recommended for those seeking work in the transport industry driving either a truck or a bus. Participants will not only learn how to drive a Heavy Rigid vehicle, but also cover skills associated with driving Heavy Rigid vehicles in a safe, professional manner. Participants do not require previous heavy vehicle driving experience.
- Road law
- Performing cabin check
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their use
- System of vehicle control
On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be issued with a HR Condition B or A licence from Qld Transport. For Manaual C Class holders you can apply for a HR Condition B licence and for Automatic C CLass holders your may apply for HR Condition A licence only.
HR-B Licence Conditions:
- Heavy Rigid Condition B HR(B): Can drive Synchromesh (single clutch movement like a manual car as opposed to double clutch) and Automatic gearbox only.
- Heavy Rigid Condition A HR(A): Can drive a automatic gearbox only
- Participants must hold a current Queensland Car Licence and have held a car licence for at least 24 month
- Provide primary proof of identification
- Be able to drive a car with manual transmission to obtain a HR(B) or automatic licence to obtain HR(A)
- Complete the Queensland Transport Road Rules Test (heavy vheicle) at your local Qld Transport office prior to logging hours. This is a cost of $23.10 and you must answer 8 out 10 questions correctly to pass. Please show evidence of completion to NHST. Visit the Qld Transport and Main Roads website for more information: https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/upgrading/index.html
*NHST highly recommend conducting the practice test online before attempting the heavy vehicle knowledge test at Qld Transport. Please follow the links on the Qld Transport website for practice test information.
- Wear appropriate clothing, including fully enclosed shoes or runners.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
This training program requires basic reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Prior to enrolling please contact New Horizons Safety and Training Services to discuss our support services if required.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
It is a requirement of the Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) that students be made aware of their rights and responsibilities prior to enrolling into any of our training courses at New Horizons Safety and Training Services.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Participant Information Handbook.
How to Enrol
If you would like to register for this course, please download our Course Enrolment Form or alternatively you can Enrol Online. To enquire about our course fee schedule, course availability or enrolling, please contact our office on (07) 4927 0666.
New Horizons Safety and Training Services (RTO No. 31372)
Ph: 07 4927 0666
Fax: 07 4927 0699
188 East St, Rockhampton QLD 4700
PO Box 9938, Frencville QLD 4701
Monday to Friday (AEST) 7.45am - 4.30pm