Our company objective is customer focus, providing customer satisfaction, understand customer needs and to work in a complimentary and integrated manner with our clients and partners.
Mission StatementNew Horizons Safety and Training Services is a leading provider of training and assessment services, which include cutting edge and innovative solutions specifically developed for the mining and civil construction industries.
Our Training ObjectiveNew Horizons Safety and Training Services are committed to providing our clients with the confidence that their quality objectives will be met.
Our training objective is not simply to delivery training material for the sake of itself or our company but to deliver quality training of the highest level that enables students to contribute significantly to the productivity and efficiency of their workplace or environment while maintaining workplace health and safety standards of the highest degree. In fact the safety of our clients (and in turn those who work with them) is our first priority.
Primary Business ActivitiesNHST primarily services the mining and civil construction industries by conducting training and assessment services to mining companies, contractors, labour suppliers, service providers, government departments, local businesses and organisations among others.
The main operational areas and services include:
- Induction training for the Coal Mining, Metalliferous Mining and Heavy Industries
- Machinery Operator Training in Haul Truck, Excavator, Front End Loader, Grader, Dozer, Skid Steer Loader, Forklift and Elevated Work Platform.
Other courses include:
- Cranes, Dogging and Rigging
- Supervisor Training (S123 and G2)
- Confined Space and Heights Training
- Construction Industry Safety Inductions
- Low Voltage Rescue and CPR
Other services/ programs include:
- Work readiness and preparation programs aimed at providing pathways to employment for long term unemployed
- Indigenous training programs
- Supervision and oversight of trainees-ships
This company profile is an overview and understanding of our company's:
- business strategies
- services safety and training
- management systems
- company procedures and policies
- records management systems
Service StandardsNew Horizons service standards have been built on the consistency and quality of service we provide to the mining industry.
- We have a structured organisation covering every aspect of performance, training and assessing, administration and management. This allows us to deal with all issues in an ordered manner and continually review and improve our services, processes and systems.
- We will maintain a high standard of accountability. As part of each training/assessment program we use fixed cost models to ensure quality, efficiency and profitability of our services.
- We continually review all aspects of operations to further enhance our company standards and pursue our goal of quality service to the mining industry.
Training and Assessment GuidelinesThe company has personnel with appropriate qualifications and experience to deliver training and facilitate the assessment relevant to the training products offered.
We have developed learning and assessment strategies appropriate to the scope of registration. Assessment will be fair, valid, reliable and flexible and meet the competency standards requirements.
Guarantee of Course CompletionNHST guarantees that participants who commence training programs conducted by NHST will be able to complete their training should unforeseen circumstances arise.
In cases where course may be interrupted due to adverse weather, fire or emergency situations, natural disasters, trainer availability, venue conflicts or any other circumstances, NHST will provide avenues of completion for persons who have commenced training.
Code of PracticeNew Horizons Safety and Training Services will operate within the National Principles and Standards of:
- Standards for Recognised Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Queensland Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 & Regulations of 2001
- National Coal Mining Training Package and Competency Standards
- Australian Skills Quality Authority
- Vocational Education, Training and Employment Act of 2000
Quality ManagementNew Horizons Safety and Training Services are committed to providing our clients with the confidence that their quality objectives will be met.
Client ServicesThe company has a commitment to provide sound management practices to ensure effective client services. We have client service processes for:
- Issue of student assessment results and qualifications
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
- Fees and Charges Refund policy
- Grievance Policy Literacy and/ or numeracy Support (if required)
- Program registration